In case you missed them, here are stories from International Development Week 2024:
February 6 – Supporting Small Business Owners in Sri Lanka
February 9 – The United Church stands with over 100 Canadian civil society organizations to call on Canada to play a principled role in a deeply insecure world by committing tangible support for human rights, protracted emergencies, and climate justice. Read this Open Letter to PM Justin Trudeau ahead of #Budget2024
How Can You Contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals?
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) provide “a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future.” The work and ministry of many of the church’s global and Canadian partners help ensure access and participation for all.
How can you contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals in your own communities? Some ideas are:
- Support your local community’s initiatives! Many United Church community and social justice ministries offer programs to help children and youth succeed in school.
- Give to Mission and Service to help support Canadian and global partners working towards meeting the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Learn more about the work of Indigenous Ministries by following the Indigenous Ministries Facebook page and going to Indigenous Ministries webpage.
- Advocate for change to climate policies with the Canadian government and other decision-makers. Visit our Climate Change page to find timely opportunities to take action.
- Continue to support the United Church and global partners at the Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB). Many United Church people and congregations contribute to CFGB by supporting growing projects in their local areas.
- Support initiatives in your local community that alleviate poverty and work towards its eradication. Many United Church community and social justice ministries offer these grassroots programs and services.
- Follow United Action for Justice’s Facebook page and the Round the Table blog for more information on how your community of faith can learn more, participate, and #goforthegoals!
- Share these prayers in support of building a healthier global future for people and the planet: