We need your best photos!
Submissions are now closed for the 2025 Church Calendar. If you're considering submitting next year, here are some ideas:
- Interior shots: people at worship, a potluck or other church event, the choir singing, architectural details, altar displays, the communion table, a filled baptismal font, etc.
- Exterior shots of churches: not just church buildings but also community gardens, architectural details, greening projects, outdoor services, social justice events, etc. Remember to include winter, spring, and fall photos.
- We’d love to see more photos from Manitoba, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador please.
We print a photographer credit and offer a $100 honorarium for each photo chosen, and we’ll send you a copy of the calendar once it’s printed.
- Make sure calendar photos are horizontal.
- Try to avoid distractions such as hydro wires, cars, microphones, etc. as much as possible.
- Submit high-resolution JPEG, TIFF, or PNG photos (2-8 MB) via our online form or mail them to us on a USB key accompanied by a contact sheet or colour printout, your contact information, and details about your photos.
- We can’t accept responsibility for lost or damaged prints or USB keys. Please send duplicates only, not originals.
We no longer publish 40+ new bulletin covers annually. Many bulletin choices are already available on the United Church Bookstore, and we try to make sure there is enough inventory and that the choices are refreshed occasionally.
If you submitted photos for 2022 United Church bulletins pre-pandemic, they are still on file and we will consider them for any future bulletins we produce. We’ll be in touch if we'd like to use one of your photos.