Concerns or complaints can be submitted directly or anonymously

The United Church of Canada General Council and regional council offices have a number of policies and procedures in place to identify and prevent improper or illegal professional activities. To complement these policies and procedures and protect people who report suspected wrongdoing, the church has introduced a reporting system that can be used by anyone.

Complaints about Staff or Elected or Appointed Members of the General Council or a Regional Council

If you have a concern that a staff member or an elected or appointed member of The United Church of Canada General Council office or one of the church’s 16 regional councils is or was involved in a:

  • conflict of interest
  • financial mismanagement/theft/fraud
  • illegal activities
  • improper professional behaviour

Please report it via a confidential portal in either English or French to ClearView Strategic Partners. The complaint will go directly to the denomination’s senior management for an immediate investigation.

Complainants/whistleblowers are assured of:

  • anonymity
  • a report back on the investigation results
  • complete confidentiality

The service is operated by a third party and is bilingual English and French.  Reports can be submitted online, by phone, or by e-mail.

For more information, including contact information, see the download below or go to

Complaints about a minister in a congregation (community of faith)

Complaints about a particular member of ministry in a congregation should be reported to the .

Complaints about staff in a regional community/outreach ministry

Complaints about senior staff in a regional outreach/community ministry should be reported to the Regional Council.

Complaints about congregational (community of faith) employees

Complaints about lay employees in churches should be reported to the individual congregation’s governing board or council directly.

For further information, contact:

Erik Mathiesen
Executive Officer, Finance
416-231-7680 x4022
1-800-268-3781 x4022