UCC Protect is designed for the unique exposures faced by the church.
UCC Protect insurance offers coverage to address the unique needs of congregations and incorporated ministries such as camps, seniors’ homes, and education centres.
This plan is the only insurance program endorsed by the Finance Unit of the General Council Office. Hub International is the broker, and the plan is underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance. Currently about half of all United Church congregations have chosen this coverage.
If your insurance is currently being handled by your local congregational insurance broker, HUB will honour that relationship and work with your local broker.
For more detail, see the UCC Protect Coverage Details in the Downloads.
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability (D&O): Find out about this coverage provided by The United Church of Canada for ALL congregations, and download the current year's insurance certificate as well as FAQs, on the D&O Liability Insurance page.
- Third Party Event Liability: Significant savings for our active congregations. This coverage is for groups and individuals holding meetings, events, or parties on the premises of churches/camps/outreach ministries. Please download our Risk Activities Table for quick reference. Contact HUB at 1-888-550-5458 or visit their website.
- Commercial General Liability (CGL): Coverage for personal injury, property damage, advertising, and tenants’ legal liability; includes abuse, harassment, and counselling coverage.
- Umbrella Liability: Provides increased liability limits above the Commercial General Liability coverage.
- Crime: Coverage for employee dishonesty, loss of money, counterfeit currency, and cheque and credit card forgery.
- Equipment Breakdown: Coverage for sudden and accidental breakdown of boilers, pressure vessels, air conditioning units, heat pumps, wiring, etc.
- Property and Business Interruption: Coverage of all risks of direct loss or damage of property of every description, subject to exclusions. Gross earnings and payroll coverage is optional.
For a no-obligation quote, please send the completed application (see Downloads below) by mail, e-mail, or fax to UCC Protect Service Team at Hub International:
- Toll-free: 1-888-550-5458
Incident Report Claims Handling
Report all claims or any incident that might later give rise to a claim to:
- Teisha Thompson, Claims Representative
E-mail: Teisha Thompson
For after-hours claims reporting 24/7: 1-800-668-6100
Executive Officer, Finance
416-231-7680 ext. 4022
1-800-268-3781 ext. 4022
Program Assistant, Finance
416-231-7680 ext. 4147
1-800-268-3781 ext. 4147
|UCC Protect FAQs (Nov 2020)||194.01 KB|
|COVID-19 Insurance: Frequently Asked Questions||161.64 KB|
|UCC Protect Application Form||88.85 KB||Word|
|UCC Protect: Supplementary Application||20.66 KB|
|UCC Protect Self Inspection Checklist||75.95 KB|
|UCC Protect Claim Incident Report Form||38.3 KB|
|Risk Activities Table 2020||64.96 KB|
|Tip Sheet: Preventing Water Damage||27.49 KB||Word|