The United Church will not tolerate, and will seek to eradicate, any behaviour by its members, lay and order of ministry, adherents, or employees that constitutes sexual abuse or child abuse.
The United Church is committed to providing a safe environment for worship, work, and study in all pastoral charges, congregations, institutions, agencies, organizations, or other bodies that operate under its name. Complaints of sexual abuse will be taken seriously and will be dealt with in a spirit of compassion and justice.
For more information, please find the Sexual Abuse Prevention and Response Policies and Procedures resource under Downloads, below.
Personal and Professional Boundaries for Church Leaders
Information and registration for these workshops (provided through Zoom) are available at United in Learning.
Local Training Offerings
Be sure to check with your regional council to see if any local offerings of the training are available.
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response Policy and Procedures (Nov 2020) (465.38 KB) (PDF)
- Sexual Misconduct Complaints: We Can Help (252.38 KB) (PDF)
- Sexual Misconduct Complaints: We Can Help - Korean (747.57 KB) (PDF)
- Consultants: Workplace Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct Policies (27.29 KB) (PDF)
- Policies on Harassment and Misconduct (flyer) (152.03 KB) (PDF)