Continue the journey towards becoming an anti-racist church with this 40-day time of learning, reflection, activities, advocacy, and action.
Delve deeply into anti-racism work with a 40-day time of learning, reflection, and advocacy!
Each day from Tuesday, October 12 to Friday, November 26 (with the exception of Sundays) there will be a new reflection on anti-racism, as well as activities suitable for adults and children. These activities can be done alone, as a family, or in groups.
During the 40 Days, each day’s content will be available in a format that you can read, download, or print and distribute! Look for this content in the daily stories listed at the bottom of this page. A schedule and a downloadable slide that can be used in your congregation are also available in the Downloads, below.
At the end of the 40 Days, you are invited to continue the learning and engagement in your own ways.
Content is also available in French on EgliseUnie.ca.
During the 40 days, there will be different online events where you can gather and engage with the content from that day. Sign up for the newsletter to keep up-to-date with the latest developments!
If you miss an event, you can view recordings on YouTube.
- October 12 – Paul Douglas Walfall – Becoming an Anti-Racist Disciple
- October 19 – Mitchell Anderson – Racial Fatigue
- October 26 – Hannah Kim-Cragg and Thea Sheridan-Jonah – Youth Involvement in Anti-Racism
- November 2 – Bill Millar – Implicit Bias and Racism
- November 9 – Michiko Bown-Kai – Reflecting on My Family's Experience of Internment
- November 16 – Alcris Limongi – Internalized Racism
- November 23 – Adele Halliday and Alydia Smith – Light and Dark Images in Advent
|40 Days of Engagement on Anti-Racism Schedule||254.62 KB|
|40 Days of Engagement on Anti-Racism Projection Slide||663.1 KB||image/jpeg|