Advocating for a ceasefire in the Middle East and the opening of a humanitarian corridor
The Rev. Éric Hébert-Daly, Regional Executive Minister of The United Church of Canada for Eastern Ontario and Quebec, will join a press conference on Parliament Hill today at 11 a.m. EDT. The livestream is on the CPAC website.
The press conference is urging the Canadian government to advocate for a ceasefire in the Middle East and the opening of a humanitarian corridor. It also calls for the safe and immediate return of all hostages and civilians being held in detention without charge.
The United Church of Canada was invited, as a signatory of a joint statement issued last week by the Ontario Federation of Labour, to join the following:
- Dania Majid: Arab Canadian Lawyers Association
- Corey Balsam: Independent Jewish Voices - Canada
- Céline Füri: Oxfam Québec
- Éric Hebert-Daly: The United Church of Canada
- Alex Silas: Public Service Alliance of Canada
To lend your voice to the growing calls for peace and justice in the Middle East, please:
- United Church Statement on Ceasefire and Humanitarian Corridor (15.62 KB) (Word)