Now's your chance to engage directly and publicly with selected manufacturers (Ahava and Keter) and Canadian retailers (Walmart, Canadian Tire, The Bay and Home Depot). Connect with Unsettling Goods on Twitter and use the hashtag #UGchoosepeace to:
- Ask manufacturers to properly label their products as "Made in the occupied Palestinian territories."
- Engage with retailers that sell Ahava and Keter. Let them know you don't want to see these products in their stores.
- Re-tweet United Church partner tweets so your followers hear directly from partners.
- Discuss the Unsettling Goods campaign.
- Correct misinformation by directing others back to correct information on these official Unsettling Goods webpages or the Q&A in particular.
The Unsettling Goods Twitter Strategy includes sample tweets, key messages, and an action guide.
Twitter Users to Engage
- Keter Plastic Ltd.: @KeterTweets
- Ahava: @AHAVA_US
- Walmart Canada: @WalmartCanada
- Hudson's Bay: @TheHudsonsBayCo
- Canadian Tire: @CanadianTire
- Home Depot Canada: @HomeDepotCanada
Follow Partners on Twitter
Sources of information and tweets to re-tweet:
- Global partners in Palestine and Israel:
- Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel: @EAPPI
- Sabeel, an ecumenical grassroots liberation theology movement among Palestinian Christians: @SabeelJerusalem
- Defence for Children International Palestine: @DCIPalestine
- United Network for Justice and Peace in Palestine and Israel: @unjppi_info
- KAIROS, Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives: @kairoscanada
- Israel/Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church (USA): @IPMN
- World Council of Churches: @Oikoumene
Remember: Your actions will reflect on the United Church positively or negatively. Please ensure all communication is polite and respectful. Avoid personal attacks or rudeness. Keep your tweets simple and focused on the key messages of the Unsettling Goods campaign. And remember to follow the Twitter rules.
|Q&A: Unsettling Goods||135.41 KB|
|Unsettling Goods: Twitter Strategy||75.77 KB|