Do you want to know more about the reality on the ground in Palestine and Israel? Several United Church people across Canada are willing to speak in your church about Palestine and Israel, United Church policy and decisions, and how your congregation can contribute to work for peace and justice in this area. Many of these speakers have visited or lived in Palestine and/or Israel and are available to provide input in a variety of ways to suit your request:
- Provide a sermon or reflection in your worship service.
- Provide a workshop after church or in the evening to a group in your church.
- Participate in a panel discussion or other speaking format.
- Show films, PowerPoint presentations, and other audiovisuals and host discussion.
- Present and share remotely with your community of faith online.
The United Church of Canada has participated in the Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel (EAPPI) since 2003 by sending Ecumenical Accompaniers (EAs). EAs spend about three months living in the occupied Palestinian territories providing protective presence to vulnerable communities, monitoring and reporting human rights abuses, and supporting Palestinians and Israelis working together for peace. Many returned EAs are willing to speak in your congregation.
Find out more about speakers with experience in the Holy Land by visiting Invite a Speaker. For more information or to request a speaker, please contact .