Opening/Closing Date: April 27, 2022 to May 27, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: July 4, 2022
The United Church of Canada is seeking several Youth Forum Interns for General Council 44. This position is an eight (8) week contract at 35 hours per week.
The GC44 Youth Forum Intern(s) will have both a national and regional focus on mission and ministry as well as the governance process within The United Church of Canada. The intern(s) will work remotely and will need capacity for online communication and learning. Supervision for the position(s) will be carried out by Youth Forum Coordinators. The GC44 Youth Forum Intern(s) must qualify for a Canada Summer Jobs Grant, and be within the age range of 15-19 years.
- Interns will be responsible for reading the General Council workbook., participate in training for online listening, and will meet with other Youth Form delegates and Commissioners within their Regional Councils for information and orientation.
- Interns will connect with other young people across the church who are engaged in leadership and decision making, plan service and learning activities as well as opportunities for worship and spiritual practice, and learn skills in community assessment and engagement.
- Participate in business, learning and worship sessions of the General Council;
- Will select from one of four cohort groups and work with the team to learn about the ministry of the United Church, develop a project, resource and action plan for their chosen theme and communicate this project to others in the church.
GC44 Youth Forum Intern will gain experience in decision-making processes in a conciliar structure. They will develop leadership skills and gain confidence in communicating in an inter-generational and online business meeting. They will learn to work in a team setting with people of various opinions and experiences. Most importantly, the GC44 Youth Forum Intern will find recognition and support for themselves and other young people as leaders within The United Church of Canada.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Youth between the ages of 15 to 19 are eligible to apply for this position;
- Familiarity with The United Church of Canada considered an asset
- Competency in Microsoft
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams and with a wide range of individuals through various means of communication (email, phone, in person, etc.)
- Personally accountable, ability to work independently a
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with us, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
A copy of the full job description is available upon request.
Salary will be at $20.03 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume quoting job # 22-32 GC44 Youth Forum to email@example.com