Opening/Closing Date: April 27, 2022 to May 27, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: July 4, 2022
The United Church of Canada is seeking a Regional Intern Coordinator for General Council 44 Youth Forum. This is an eight (8) week contract at 35 hours per week with an anticipated start date of July 4, 2022. This position will be remote.
Youth Forum happens every 3-years within The United Church of Canada General Council, which is the highest governing process of our policy. This position will be responsible for supervising 5-15 locally hired Youth Forum Interns in their daily tasks, roles, and responsibilities.
To support, supervise, and mentor the 5-15 summer interns in reaching the six main goals for GC44 Youth Forum:
- Prepare for the triennial meeting of the 44th General Council;
- Build community, establish a network with Youth Forum Interns from other Regions of the church, and assist in planning Regional opportunities to worship, play, and learn together;
- Become familiar with the various ministries and participate in mission and ministry opportunities of the United Church in their respective Regions;
- Provide leadership during the online business sessions and other activities of the 44th General Council from July 22–26, 2022;
- Mentor a Learning and Development Cohort on one of five themes (to be selected by students): Climate Justice, Indigenous Justice, Racial Justice or LGBTQ2S+ Justice;
- Participate in debriefing and evaluation sessions following the term of the job.
The Youth Forum Regional Coordinators will be supervised by General Council Staff. Staff will be given a one-week training that includes; mental health first aid, bullying management, team building, skills building and policy overview. Staff will have weekly check-ins with supervising staff.
Youth Forum Regional Coordinator will work remotely and will have direct access to the National Youth Forum Coordinator though text, email, phone and Slack. After the one-week training, The Regional Coordinator and National Youth Forum Coordinator will check in weekly for updates – but be available daily for problem solving and crisis management, if that arises.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Young Adults between the ages of 21 to 30 are eligible to apply for this position
- Education, experience or training in education and youth work
- Familiarity with The United Church of Canada considered an asset
- Previous experience with program design and youth mentorship
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize tasks under pressure
- Competency in Microsoft
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams and with a wide range of individuals through various means of communication (email, phone, in person, etc.)
- Personally accountable, ability to work independently and with limited direct supervision
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with us, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
A copy of the full job description is available upon request.
Salary will be at $22.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume quoting job # 22-31 GC44 Youth Forum to email@example.com