Opening/Closing Date: January 6, 2022 to January 20, 2022
The IT-Finance Unit of The United Church of Canada is seeking an individual to fill the role of MS Dynamics CRM and Power Platform Developer, on a full-time (35 hours/week) permanent basis.
The General Council Office supports the mission and ministry of the communities of faith and regional councils. It is the denominational expression of The United Church of Canada, working ecumenically and in global partnership.
Finance is called upon to ensure efficient and effective financial accounting, reporting, and management functions for the General Council Office and the Pension Plan of The United Church of Canada, including the broad general areas of revenue, expenditure, budget and reporting; internal and external audit, risk management; and information technology. It also manages the annual denominational assessment program which funds the governance work of the General and regional councils. In addition to these regular financial management tasks, the Finance area also provides advisory services to congregations around financial and compliance matters; oversees the nationally sponsored property and liability insurance coverages; and administers various capital assistance programs. Within the Finance Unit IT services and operations is responsible for providing a secure, robust and accessible computing environment for the General Council Offices, while aligning and supporting General Council Office and regional office goals.
The MS Dynamics CRM and Power Platform Developer is responsible for the overall structure, health, and ongoing development of the United Church Dynamics 365 platform. Working within the IT and related teams to develop, test, and implement solutions in the Dynamics and related services roadmap for the United Church. They provide IT services that enable General Council Office and Regional Council staff and volunteers to work efficiently from anywhere on any device. The main areas of focus will be:
- MS Power Automate (30%) - Maintain and update all existent flows in the tenant; Architecture and development of flows to supply new business needs; Create templates to be use on generation of custom documents using Word templates and html/css; Analysis and application of enhancements on flows to increase performance; Improve performance of flow to avoid reaching threshold and extra costs; Provide the necessary dataflow among different systems, such as Business Central and SharePoint.
- Power Apps (Canvas, Model-driven and Power Portal) (15%) - Maintain and enhance existent canvas/model-driven apps; Create updated versions of canvas apps focusing on user experience, accessibility and efficiency to be used in ChurchHub; Build custom model-driven apps on demand and setting levels of access; Maintain Power Portal and analysis of third-party needs.
- Helpdesk and Support (15%) - Troubleshoot and solve user problems that requires business flow intervention, such as consuming and updating data in the CRM through any of our interfaces (ChurchHub, Power Automate, Power Apps, Azure functions, etc); Importing and exporting data among databases, such as Dynamics NAV and Sybase; Identifying duplication in Contacts and resolving, followed by analysis of the cause of the problem and development of new solutions to avoid future cases; Assisting with training UCC staff on how to use MS Dynamics CRM; Present tailored demonstrations of the latest technology solutions; Assist with deployment and provisioning activities.
- Azure Functions (5%) - Development of serverless functions in Azure platform using .NET language to be use on demand for specific and complex tasks; Update and maintain existent Azure functions throughout environment.
- ChurchHub (SharePoint) (5%) - Maintenance of all dataflow processes from/to ChurchHub; Soft maintenance of Webparts (SPFx).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree in computer science, network administration, web development, or a related field, together with 3+ years of experience supporting CRM systems (i.e. implementation, administration, customization, development, management, planning, etc.)
- Domain developing MS Dynamics and/or Power Automate processes
- Experience with web data transfer languages and protocols (i.e. web API, REST, XML, Json)
- Experience developing and managing Azure Functions
- Experience building and managing Microsoft PowerApps
- Experience developing Customer Voice surveys
- Knowledge of front-end web languages (Html, CSS)
- Advanced knowledge of data clean-up, standardization, and importing/exporting
- Experience taking a lead role in technical data implementation projects
- Experience deploying managed or unmanaged solutions
- Experience configuring and adding, and updating custom Dynamics fields, views, forms and user interfaces including dashboards and reports
- Ability to develop CRM workflows and monitor/troubleshoot related issues
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of core Microsoft Dynamics CRM modules
- Ability to create high quality functional documentation and strong requirements gathering skills.
- Knowledge of reporting functions and features, both within and outside Dynamics CRM
- Strong data analytics and analysis skills
- Experience developing methods that ensure data consistency, reliability, and accuracy
- Experience managing database health, specifically around preventing and removing duplicates
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online and/or MS Dynamics NAV/Business Central
- Good project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Knowledge of MS SQL Databases, architecture best practices, and DB Admin
- Updates and enhancements in Annual Statistics and Assessment project
- Key staff for D365 and ChurchHub project
- Key staff for interconnection among new systems to the MS CRM
- Experience with reporting tools such as Power BI, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Dynamics 365 CE technical certifications would be an asset
- Experience working in a large non-for-profit environment
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will aid employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with us, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
This position works from the General Council Office located in Toronto, Ontario in an open area concept office under normal working conditions. They interact with lay staff, ministry personnel, volunteers, executive officers. Manual dexterity required to use laptop computer and peripherals. This position requires sitting and viewing a computer screen for long periods, keyboarding/using voice recognition software, intermittent physical activity including sitting, standing, and lifting (up to 20 lbs.) and being on the phone for long periods. Occasional overtime may be required.
Salary will be based on skills and experience, within the category 8 position range of $71,636.08 to $95,515.18. A defined benefit pension and group health and dental benefit plans coverage and annual vacation round out this compensation package.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting the job number to Human Resources,