Opening/Closing Date: May 3, 2021 to May 21, 2021
Anticipated Start Date: June 1, 2021
The Church in Mission Unit of The United Church of Canada is seeking an individual to fill the role of Media Content and Data Management Intern as part of the Canada Summer Program with an anticipated start date of June 1, 2021. This will be a full-time position for 10 weeks at 35 hours per week.
There are five main goals for this position. Responsibilities include the following:
- To create promotional videos for new worship resources;
- To devise social media content for worship resources;
- To develop graphics and videos for prayer and spiritual practice resources;
- To input, sort, and manage data for a new online hymnal project;
- To provide tech support for online worship, meetings, and other gatherings of the church.
The Media Content and Data Management Intern will gain skills and experience in teamwork, graphics development, communications strategies across several platforms, and data management.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Youth between the ages of 15 to 30 are eligible to apply for this position
- Be willing to learn about and gain proficiency in new online technologies
- Good verbal and communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and results oriented
- Knowledge and basic understanding of the United Church is an asset
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with us, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
The General Council Office of The United Church of Canada is located in Toronto, Ontario. Currently due to COVID-19 employees are working remotely from their homes on secure devices and are available by email and phone during regular hours Monday to Friday.
Salary will be at $19.78 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, quoting the job number 21-25 to email@example.com.