Opening/Closing Date: May 26, 2023 to June 7, 2023
The IT-Finance Unit of The United Church of Canada is seeking an individual to fill the role of Junior Specialist MS Dynamics 365 & Power Platforms, on a permanent full-time basis (35 hours/week).
The United Church of Canada is a Christian community of faith and hope, called to celebrate God’s presence and to love and serve others. We act in cooperation with others for peace, justice, care for creation, and the healing the world. Within the United Church the General Council Office supports the mission and ministry of the communities of faith and regional councils. It is the denominational expression of The United Church of Canada, working ecumenically and in global partnership.
The Finance Unit ensures efficient and effective financial accounting, reporting, and management functions for the General Council Office and the Pension Plan of The United Church of Canada, including the broad areas of revenue, expenditures, assets, liabilities, financial reserves, budgeting, financial reporting, statistics management, investments and risk management. The unit also has responsibility for the information technology needs of the General Council and Regional Council offices. Within the Finance Unit, IT services and operations is responsible for providing a secure, robust and accessible computing environment for the General Council Offices, while aligning and supporting General Council Office and regional office goals.
The Junior Specialist MS Dynamics 365 & Power Platforms position is an integral role that assists with the overall structure, health, and ongoing development of the United Church Dynamics 365 Online System and Power Platform, including Portals. Working with the related teams to support Dynamics 365 system and services for the United Church, it provides IT services that enable General Council Office and Regional Council staff and volunteers to work efficiently from anywhere on any device.
The main responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and customize MS Dynamics CRM solutions; develop custom workflows, plugins and integrations; perform data migration and integration, provide technical expertise; design and build customer voice surveys, manage dataflow; and troubleshooting.
- Participate in projects related to HRIS/ElevateHR implementation and its maintenance including developing reports, data analysis and other processes between internal and 3rd party systems.
- Maintain and update existing flows; Create custom connectors, templates, and workflows to extend the functionality of Microsoft Power Platform and design, develop, and implement Microsoft Power Platform solutions
- Assisting with training end users on how to use solutions built into the system
To request a copy of the full job description, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field;
- 2+ years of experience in implementing and customizing Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, Finance & Operations solutions and willing to learn;
- 2+ years of experience in developing Power Automate, Power Apps and Power BI; and 2+ years of experience with Azure or other cloud development;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, HR, Power Platform customization tools, including connectors, templates, workflows, plugins, and integrations;
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive and other Microsoft 365 Applications;
- Experience with data migration and integration activities using Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM;
- Experience with system configuration and customization in MS HRIS/Elevate HR systems;
- Experience in developing Customer Voice surveys;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Customer-focused with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment; and
- Experience in a large not-for-profit setting is desirable.
- Alignment with the vision and values of The United Church of Canada.
- Alignment with the Call and Vision of The United Church of Canada – respect, integrity, passion, and diversity
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with United Church of Canada, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
The United Church of Canada has adopted a hybrid workplace model thus providing flexibility for this position. The incumbent will work from both a home office and from the General Council Office currently located at 200-3250 Bloor St. W. in Toronto, as required. Occasional overtime may be required.
The target hiring range for this position is $74,000 to $84,000 with the ability to progress to a maximum of $98,762. This is based on category 8 on our salary range. Placement on the salary range will be based on factors such as market condition, internal equity, candidate experience skills and qualifications relevant to the role. Pension and group benefit plans coverage and annual vacation round out this compensation package.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting the job number to Human Resources,