Opening/Closing Date: March 31, 2021 to April 14, 2021
The General Council Office of The United Church of Canada is seeking an individual to fill the role of Junior Marketing Associate, on a full-time (35 hours/week) basis for a 1-year term working with the Philanthropy and the Communications units.
The General Council Office is organized into seven units that support the mission and ministry of the communities of faith and regional councils. It is the denominational expression of The United Church of Canada, working ecumenically and in global partnership.
The Junior Marketing Associate will be a joint resource for both the Philanthropy unit and the Communications unit in regards to outreach and marketing and communications, creating an alignment between their common goals and objectives. Areas of focus will be revenue generation from donation and sales, and multi stakeholder (inter-collaborative) projects with output via several channels.
The Junior Marketing Associate is primarily responsible for the coordination, monitoring and tracking of deliverables for various projects, with emphasis on recurring and long-term projects. They will coordinate cross-departmental collaboration aligning common project goals and objectives, recording project schedules with agreed upon milestones and clear timelines, ensuring staff responsible are aware of timelines and deadlines. They will identify and raise any concerns for projects that are running late, or have not yet been scheduled.
This position supports the creation and maintenance of accurate and complete mailing lists, campaign launches, optimization, and reporting inclusive of creative, campaign setup, and audience targeting. As unpredictable situations arise, with the supervisor’s guidance, they will write copy, and as needed match with graphics, to create a determined needed output such as a social media post taking advantage of current context
Research will also be a small part of this role exploring how other similar organizations and campaigns are using digital technology, researching broad digital marketing/advertising trends highlighting those most relevant to the portfolio, suggesting lead generation options. They will research and report on marketing and media developments/trends regarding new ways of reaching people for donations or connecting people looking for progressive Christian resources.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary education preferably in marketing/media, together with 2-3 years’ experience in a related role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- An understanding of traditional marketing vehicles and social media channels and their various roles
- Detail oriented with well-developed administrative, organizational, problem solving skills, together with the flexibility to switch easily from one task to another to effectively juggle multiple tasks at the same time as situations or priorities change
- Knowledge of web analytics and/or project coordination experience would be assets
- Strong computer skills in the use of various software applications - Office 365, Dynamics, SharePoint, One Drive, Teams, Zoom, and other social media and online platforms
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) together with editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with a commitment to team approach and collaboration with colleagues
- The ability to work in both official languages together with direct experience in donor stewardship and/or marketing/sales are assets
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with us, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
This position works from the General Council Office located in Toronto, Ontario in an open area concept office under normal working conditions. They interact with lay staff, ministers, volunteers, executive officers. Manual dexterity required to use a laptop computer and peripherals. Intermittent physical activity including sitting, standing, and lifting as we do our annual inventory of books in our small walk-in bookstore. Attendance at occasional evening and weekend events and meetings may be required. Occasional overtime may be required. Currently due to COVID-19 employees are working both from the office at times and remotely from their homes on secure devices, and are available by email and phone during regular hours Monday to Friday.
The annual salary for this one-year full-time term position is $40,000. 15 days paid vacation will be provided.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting the job number to firstname.lastname@example.org.