Opening/Closing Date: April 26, 2022 to May 24, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: July 4, 2022
The Finance Unit of The United Church of Canada is seeking an individual to fill the role of Information Technology Support Assistant as part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program for 2022. This is an eight (8) week program at 35 hours per week with an anticipated start date of July 4, 2022 and will be remote. Regular work hours between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The United Church of Canada is implementing programs to transition into a predominantly online (SAS) environment. The IT department is responsible for implementing and maintaining these services and the information they contain. The Information Technology Support Assistant will contribute to the ongoing support and maintenance of these systems.
Information Technology Support Assistant will contribute to three principal areas of work.
- Help lend their support skills to the IT helpdesk by working with business users to close support tickets.
- Support the development of projects that rely on certain datasets by ensuring the data is clean.
- Documenting areas of process, services or procedures that require it.
The Information Technology Support Assistant will gain skills and experience in many areas of software with an emphasis on Microsoft Office 365 and the services under that umbrella. They will be exposed to many areas of the Information Technology department, such as possible networking scenarios, application development, business and systems analysis, troubleshooting an array of problems.
This role will have three primary responsibilities supporting the Information Technology department.
- Update/Clean Active Directory user information
- Update knowledge base (KB) documents in the new ticketing system
- Meta data updates for Incorporation SharePoint site
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Youth between the ages of 15 to 30 are eligible to apply for this position
- Good verbal and communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and results oriented
- Working knowledge of databases
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Knowledge and basic understanding of the United Church is an asset
- Ability to work on different tasks and projects within the same time period
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with us, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
Salary will be at $20.57 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume quoting job # 22-41 Canada Summer Jobs on the subject line to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org