Opening/Closing Date: May 4, 2021 to May 24, 2021
The Ministry & Employment Unit of The United Church of Canada is seeking an individual to fill the role of Human Resources Research Assistant as part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Start dates will be flexible and could be between June and July, 2021. This may be a full-time position for 10 weeks or part-time for a longer period depending on the availability of the candidate.
The United Church of Canada is implementing programs to monitor and assess workplace culture, employee engagement, and organizational effectiveness. The shift to work-from-home (WFH) in response to the covid-19 pandemic will have long-term impacts on where, when, and how we work. The Human Resources Research Assistant will contribute to the design, development, and implementation of programs, policies, and monitoring tools that will help us move into a new era of collaborative work.
- Development of a workplace climate monitoring strategy.
- Develop and implement workplace climate monitoring tools, including surveys, focus groups, and key informant interviews.
- Lead workplace climate monitoring data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Support the development of WFH policies, processes, and practices.
- Support the development and implementation of programming, initiatives, communication, and reporting related to the employment equity framework.
- Support the administration of core human resources and payroll functions.
- Support the design and implementation of administrative processes and automations.
The Human Resources Research Assistant will gain skills and experience in organizational management, workplace culture development and monitoring, research methods in the social sciences, as well as principles and practices of equity-based approaches to Human Resources.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Youth between the ages of 15 to 30 are eligible to apply for this position
- Good verbal and communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and results oriented
- Working knowledge of Research methods and techniques
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Completion of any Human Resources related course would be an asset
- Knowledge and basic understanding of the United Church is an asset
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with us, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
The General Council Office of The United Church of Canada is located in Toronto, Ontario. Currently due to COVID-19 employees are working remotely from their homes on secure devices and are available by email and phone during regular hours Monday to Friday.
Salary will be at $19.78 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting job # 21-23 to email@example.com.