Opening/Closing Date: May 3, 2021 to May 24, 2021
The Communications Unit of The United Church of Canada is seeking an individual to fill the role of Digital Marketing Research Assistant as part of the Canada Summer Program. Start dates will be flexible which could be between June and July, 2021. This may be a full-time position for 10 weeks or part-time for a longer period depending on the availability of the candidate.
- Research for the United Church Bookstore, UCRDstore.ca
- Social Media Support.
Responsibilities for these two components include the following:
- Researching and creating a database of contacts that would benefit the marketing of UCRDstore.ca, United Church Publishing House (UCPH) and other Internal departments;
- Developing a plan for marketing and sales plans for new UCPH titles;
- Review of online LSC (warehouse provider) inventory and use sales data to determine what inventory should be going to LSC for sales and what dispose
- Analysis of market potential for US Distributor, market analysis, development of plan including business case development, writing of Request for Proposals, sending the RFP to potential distributors and gathering received proposals
- Helping with social media marketing posts and researching new channels for the expansion of the United Church's online marketing and outreach efforts
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Youth between the ages of 15 to 30 are eligible to apply for this position
- Educational background in Marketing, e-commerce or Business
- Must have a strong grasp of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Shopify and a variety of social media platforms
- Good verbal and communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and results oriented
- Understanding of logical flow and simple logistics
- Knowledge and basic understanding of the United Church is an asset
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with us, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
The General Council Office of The United Church of Canada is located in Toronto, Ontario. Currently due to COVID-19 employees are working remotely from their homes on secure devices and are available by email and phone during regular hours Monday to Friday.
Salary will be at $19.78 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting the job number 21-21 to firstname.lastname@example.org.