A giving program with support and coaching
To nurture spiritual growth and develop good stewards, a community of faith needs to regularly invite members and participants to intentionally and prayerfully consider their generosity, and encourage people to consider increasing their giving.
As part of the stewardship life of your community of faith, the United Church’s annual giving program, Called to Be the Church, provides all the resources you need to hold a successful annual giving program.
Why should we do a congregational giving program?
Good things happen when a church focuses time, energy, and money on others—it stimulates generosity and creative thinking that will enliven your community of faith. Carrying out a giving program annually lets everyone know your church has a vision that is bigger than just keeping the doors open. With God’s mission and our gifts, all things are possible!
How does it work?
- Download the Program Guide, Planning Workbook, Quick Start Guide, and Worship Sampler from the bottom of this page. The full worship series with all five weeks of sermons, prayers, liturgies, and children/youth materials can be downloaded from the Stewardship in Worship page.
- Gather your Giving Team of three or four people, plus the minister or key lay leader if you don’t have a minister. (This is the team that will implement the Giving Program in your community of faith)
- Join the next cohort for two online sessions to plan your program with the help of a trained Stewardship Animator.
- Meet one-on-one with a trained Stewardship Animator for ongoing support and coaching.
- Do it!
- Celebrate your success!
What’s in it for communities of faith?
- Receive personal coaching and support with a trained Stewardship Animator to hold a successful giving program and achieve your stewardship goals.
- Build relationships with other communities of faith across your region.
- You receive a 15% discount on all stewardship resources from United Church Bookstore. A promo code will be given to you at the online sessions.
How do we sign up?
To find out when this module is available or to register, please visit United in Learning.
Connect with us
For more information:
|Called to Be the Church: Program Guide||795.46 KB|
|Called to Be the Church: Planning Workbook (PDF)||185.71 KB|
|Called to Be the Church: Planning Workbook (Word)||77.17 KB||Word|
|Called to Be the Church: Quick Start Guide||255.26 KB|
|Called to Be the Church: Worship Sampler||1.12 MB|