Embracing the Spirit is a learning network and innovation fund. The goals of Embracing the Spirit are to
- spur innovation across the entire United Church of Canada network of faith communities
- make piloting programs easy and accessible
- ensure that successful initiatives continue to thrive and gain momentum
- create a learning network that supports innovative faith communities through connection and fostering collaboration
- support existing funding programs by encouraging faith communities to experiment and assisting in the early stage of idea development
- support both new and renewing communities of faith
What is happening across the country with Embracing the Spirit? Have a look at some of the projects that are underway. This map is regularly updated with new information on projects. The legend shows the diversity of ideas being explored, from spiritual practice and technology, to Truth and Reconciliation and community hubs. You'll find ideas that have been funded in urban, suburban, and rural areas. There is always something new emerging!
Mission & Service Givings Make It Possible
Embracing the Spirit is enthusiastically and generously supported by the people of The United Church of Canada through their Mission & Service giving. We celebrate the vitality of Embracing the Spirit projects, as shown in their positive spiritual, social, and ecological impacts and potential for financial sustainability. Embracing the Spirit projects—alongside Mission & Service‒supported programs and grants for global initiatives, community justice programs, healing and reconciliation work, theological education, and programs that support faith formation and build leadership—all contribute to a vital United Church.
Proposal deadlines are quarterly and due on the 15th of the month: January, April, July, and October.