- To Henry in Heaven: Reflections on the Loss of a Child
- Brokering, Herbert (Minneapolis, MN: Augsburg Fortress, 2005)
- A collection of poems and spiritual dialogues between a grandfather and his stillborn grandchild. These dialogues demonstrate how family members can continue to talk intimately with a child who has died and be at peace with this new life they have together.
- When Your Soul Aches: Hope and Help for Women Who Have Lost Their Husbands
- Mowday Rabey, Lois (New York: WaterBrook Press, 2000)
- An intimate collection of inspirations and insights from Rabey's life that encourages those who are grieving to be honest about their feelings. It also offers real hope that life, though forever changed, can be good once again.
Large Print Hymn Books
Here is a listing of large print hymn books used by the Organization of United Church Homes, seniors homes and apartments affiliated with The United Church of Canada.
- Hymns We Love to Sing
- Whitmore, Alan (ed.) (Inver Grove Heights, MN: Logos Productions, 2000)
- A 6x9 large print, words only edition and 8.5x11 words and music edition is available.
- Rock of Ages: A Worship and Songbook for Retirement Living
- Smith, Debra D. et al. (Nashville: Abingdon Press, 2002)
- Sing Your Way Home
- published by the Strathroy Seniors Hymnbook Committee
- Contact Norman Calcutt at 519-245-0443 or the Rev. Anthonie Vanden Ende at 519-246-1705. Tapes and CDs available.
- Songs of the Faith Anthology
- The United Church of Canada (Toronto, 1992)
- A large print, words only, collection of nearly 100 favourite hymns chosen by seniors. All hymns begin and end on one page for easy handling. Product #500000001. Available through UCRD.